Obituary/järelehüüe and cause of death

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
Miralda

Obituary/järelehüüe and cause of death

Postitus Postitas Miralda »

Tere,

Can anyone help me how to find obituarys? (Järelehüüe in estonian I think it is).
Is there a digitalized archive from the news papers or would that be available on microfilm?

In particular, I´m looking for my great grandfather Jüri Aidas.
He was born in Vana-Tänassilma, Viljandi, 9 april 1863 and died in Kergu or Kaisma, Pärnu, 5 March 1928.
(Dates are in the old calendar).

How can I find his cause of death or any other documents related to his death?
Harri.Värs

Re: Obituary/järelehüüe and cause of death

Postitus Postitas Harri.Värs »

Tere-tere and many greetings!

Not sure if all, but some old newspapers can be found at http://dea.nlib.ee/index.php?list=-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Newspapers, which are not digitalized, are available in National Library of Estonia (Eesti Rahvusraamatukogu). Their address is 2 Tõnismägi street, Tallinn. I believe it is OK to make digital copies for personal use.

Documents related to Mr Aidas' death are kept in Pärnu County Government and in the Ministry of the Interior of Estonia. You can contact them by mv@mv.parnu.ee or info@siseministeerium.ee, respectively. They are obliged to respond as soon as possible, but not later than in 30 days.

I hope that you succeed in your questions in this matter.

Yours sincerely
Mr Harri Värs
Kõik mured ja teated privasse või e-mailile: harri.vars ät gmail.com
Uurin: Vers, Värs, Värsi, Väärsi, Brecher (Kivinurm), Neljas, Kristal, Dubro(v) (Tammeorg), Põld (Saaremaa, Pilguse), Dubrovkin (juudid Tallinnas)
Miralda

Re: Obituary/järelehüüe and cause of death

Postitus Postitas Miralda »

Does anyone know the email address to Pärnu County Government? The one above does not seem to work anymore.
Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”