Estonian citizenship

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
dmigur

Estonian citizenship

Postitus Postitas dmigur »

I'm looking for documents confirming Estonian citizenship of my grandfather Arnold-Werner Peterson, born 1912 in Tapa. He died in 1968 in Leningrad. His daughter Ada Peterson is my mother. His father Hans Peterson, born 1882 in Lehowa, opted for Estonian citizenship in 1920 for himself and his family (his wife Rosalie, born 1888, and 2 sons - Arnold-Werner and Edwin-Erich, born 1910) and received it in 1922. There is a record about it in Estonian State archives: ERA f.28,n.2,s.12391, 20504.

But in a (citizenship certificate issue) book there was no registration made for Arnold-Werner Peterson. Only one child was registered.

I'm interesed to know if Arnold-Werner Peterson is anyway regarded as Estonian citizen (and my "Kodakondsuse tendamine" document below confirms that).
If not, is there a document in Estonian State Archives confirming the citizenship of Arnold-Werner Peterson?
And if not, do we need anything to do to restore the citizenship of Arnold-Werner Peterson?
Below are 2 documents we received from the Estonian State Archives.

I will appreciate any of your help.
Dmitry Gourov

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eesti Vabarik
Vlisministeerium
Kontroll-opteerimise komisjon
Petrogradi osakond
15 juulie 1922
N 18569

Kodakondsusse vastu vetud:
Perekonna nimi: Peterson
Nimi Hans
Isanuimi Hans
Elukoht ja posti adress St. Kikerino Petergofskogo uezda Gubanickoi vol.
27-VII-1882
Vanadus 40 uhes naise Rosalie 1-V-1888
a lastega p Edwin-s 6-II-1910

Hingekirjas Lgavere vallas

Tendavad documendid Lgavere valla Valitsyse tunnislus N 1024

Tal 18726 Sekretar
Jm 277-3
Rb.Ne.

---------------------------------------------
NATIONAL ARCHIVES OF ESTONIA
STATE ARCHIVES
Teie 16.06.2009
Meie 19.06.2009 nr 18-7-3.6/3416/MS-2

Kodakondsuse tendamine

Teatis on vlja antud Dmitri Gurov'le (address), vastuseks 16.06.2009 saabunud avaldusele andmete saamiseks Arnold Hansy p.Peterson'i, sndinud 1912. aastal, Eestu kodakondsuse kohta.

Eesti Vabariigi Vlisministeeriumi Petrogradi Kontroll-opteerimiskomisjoni arhiivifondis silitatava Hans Hansu p.Peterson'i sndinud 24.07.1882 Viljandimaal Srgavere vallas, elukoht kodakondsuse taotlemise ajal Petrogradis, 11.02.1920 avalduse alusel veti ta koos naise Rosalie (32 aastat vana) ja poja Edwin-Erichi (11 aastat vana) vastu Eesti Vabariigi kodakondsusesse 13.07.1922 ning anti vlja kodakondsusse tunnistus nr 18569, Hans Peterson'i poegpoeg Arnold-Werner (8 aastat vana) on kantud kodakondsuse taotlemise avaldusele, kodakondsustunnistuste vljaandmise raamatus puudub sissekanne Arnold'i kohta.

Alus: ERA f.28, n.2, s.12391, 20504
Liina Maadla, Arhivaar

Lisa: koopiad Eesti kodakondsusesse vastuvtmise avaldusest, Hans Peterson poolt 08.02.1921 taidetud ankeedist, Aleksander Karesi palvest Eesti Vabriigi siseministrile 11.07.1921 ning kodakondsustunnustuste vljaandmise raamatust, kokku 7 lehel (ERA,f.28, n.2, s.12391,20504).

Harri.Värs

Postitus Postitas Harri.Värs »

I
Republic of Estonia
Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Petrograd's department
15th July 1922

Citizenship accepted:
Surnname: Peterson
First name: Hans
Father's name: Hans (Hans was very popular name)
Other: *He has wife Rosalie (born 1st May 1888) and (a child? In Estonian it says 'with children'... but only one child is marked) Edwin (born 6th Feb 1910)
*He is living in Rägavere Parish (used google: 'Lgavere vald Lehowa')??

II Proving citizenship
A reply about Estonian citizenship of Arnold Peterson (born 1912) has been given out 16th June 2009 to Dmitri Gurov.

Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Petrograd's commission has a document in archive about Hans Peterson (born 24th of July 1882 in Viljandi in Sürgavere Parish. Hans Peterson was living in Petrograd while he was requesting citizenship. By his application 11th Feb 1920 he was approved as citizen of Estonia with his wife Rosalie (age 32) and with his son Edwin-Erich (age 11), who also were approved as citizens of Republic of Estonia. A document (No. #18569) has been given out 13th July 1922.

Hans Peterson's grandchild(?) Arnold-Werner (age 8 ) has been marked on the application of Estonian citizenship, but no entry was made about giving citizenship of Estonia to Arnold.

Source: ERA f.28, n.2, s.12391, 20504
Liina Maadla, archiver
Dmitri, I hope my English isn't very bad, but did my best. Feel free to ask more!

dmigur

Hello.
I know the translation.
A.Peterson was a child of mentioned H.Peterson, not a grandchild.

I wonder if Arnold Peterson should be regarded as citizen of Estonia?

Harri.Värs

Maybe Citizenship and Migration Board of Estonia could help you: "kma.info@mig.ee" (a nice apology not writing your letter in Estonian is appreciated :)) . Also add link to this forums (or link the text to them somehow).

I think if rest of the family got their citizenship, then Arnold should be citizen of Repulic of Estonia too, but maybe there are some circumstances what we don't know etc..

dmigur

Sorry I don't know Eesti keel.
:wink: Unfortunately they do not anwser private quiestions.

dmigur

I have already asked them. They said they do not answer private questions.

Harri.Värs

Why do you want to know it anyway? Do you have to prove it for something or just personal interest?

dmigur

If my grandfather is a citizen, I have a right for citizenship too.

There weren't any special circumstances. He was a child in 1922, as his brother who received the citizenship.
I think they just forgot to write him down in a document.

Harri.Värs

By the way according to the law of Citizenship and Migration Board of Estonia, it is their duty to give out information if person has citizenship or not (ofcourse you can't ask about random people, but I believe you can prove that you are his grandchild, so there shouldn't be any problems):

§ 3. Eesti kodakondsuse asjade korraldamine

Eesti kodakondsuse asjade korraldamisel amet:
1) määratleb isikute kuulumise Eesti kodakondsusesse; - decides if people have citizenship of Republic of Estonia.
Source: https://www.riigiteataja.ee/ert/act.jsp?id=13200696" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it is very important to you then you could write to Estonian Ministry of Interior (Siseministeerium)

info@siseministeerium.ee
Viimati muutis Harri.Värs, Kolmapäev 15. Detsember 2010, 15:08:12, muudetud 4 korda kokku.
Kõik mured ja teated privasse või e-mailile: harri.vars ät eesti.ee
Uurin: Vers, Värs, Värsi, Väärsi, Brecher (Kivinurm), Neljas, Kristal, Dubro(v) (Tammeorg), Põld (Saaremaa, Pilguse), Dubrovkin (juudid Tallinnas)

dmigur

Thank you. It looks like I will have to apply for a passport to know if he was a citizen.

kunksmoor

Re: Estonian citizenship

Postitus Postitas kunksmoor »

Hei Dimitri
I hope you find answer for you questions. I find roots of yours family. Please kontakt me.Kunksmoor

Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”