Johan Reinwald

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
monifo

Johan Reinwald

Postitus Postitas monifo »

Hi everybody!
I hope it is OK to write in English...? I am looking for a person that emigrated to Australia before 1921, when he got married there. He said he came from Helsinki, Finland but I am having difficulties to find any Reinwalds in Finland, so I thought I might try here as well!
Johan said he was the son of Johan Reinwald and Maria Fredriksson, so I am wondering if sombody has seen this family in Estonia?
All help is appreciated! Thanks!
Best regards, Monica
Viimati muutis monifo, Reede 30. November 2018, 23:48:11, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
jussK

Re: Johan Reinwald

Postitus Postitas jussK »

Hi,
There is too much Reinwald's (Reinvald's) in Estonia, so, we need more information - Johan's birthday etc.

Just thinking…
Johan Reinwald (father) maybe an Estonian...
Maria Fredriksson maybe a Finn...

Rgds, Juss
monifo

Re: Johan Reinwald

Postitus Postitas monifo »

Thank you for your answer, Juss!
I know, this is the problem: I do not know anything about this fellow, except what he told when he got married in Australia! He said his father's name was Johan Reinwald and his mother's name was Maria Fredriksson, he said he was 26 years old and born in Helsingfors (about 1896, then).
On the marriage certificate says that he was an iron moulder (?) and his father, Johan Reinwald was a hardware warehouseman.
I think your theory of Reinwald being Estonian and Fredriksson being Finnish, sounds very credible. Are there any archives for emigrations in Estonia?
Best regards
Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”