investigating the life of an Estonian refugee

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
Bert-Ola
Kontakt:

investigating the life of an Estonian refugee

Postitus Postitas Bert-Ola »

Tere questions from a friend about a person we are investigating his life

I am a journalist in Malmö, Sweden, investigating the life of an Estonian refugee who died i Ystad, Sweden, in 1990. His name was Leonid Ilmar Pärtelpoug (Pertelson), born in Tallinn 11.10 1907. He never dared to return to Estonia.
When Pärtelpoug died he had a large sum on his bank account. All went wrongly to one Hilja Kask, who claimed to be his sister.
Leonid Ilmar Pärtelpoug and Hilja Kask were not siblings and probably not even relatives. This we know from the City Archive of Tallinn.
Hilja Kask was born on 19.04.1915 (New Style 02.05.1915) in Tallinn. Her father was Alexander Ferdinand Kõll (born 1888 in Tallinn) and mother Klara Natalie Kõll maiden name Neimann (1891-1869). Her only sibling was brother Avo (1925-2015). Hilja Kask died 31.10.1994 and was buried 04.05.1995 in the cemetery: Siselinna kalmistu, VK, K VI, 5-2, 7-kohaline kirstuplats.
I have these questions:
• How could P. Küttis at the Family Bureau of city of Tallin 3.11 1991 verify that Hilja Kask was Leonid Ilmar Pärtelpougs sister? A document was sent to Swedish authorities who transfered the money. To whom, we do not know.
• Is it likely that Inyurkollegiya/Injurkollegija (Инюрколлегия, Иностранная юридическая коллегия,) was involved in this matter? If so, why?
• Did Pärtelpoeg cooperate with the German forces 1941-44 and therefore couldn’t return to Estonia? Or are there any other explanations?
It would be most valuable if you could help me with these questions. I would also appreciate if you could advise me where I can search for more information.

Björn Lundquist, lundquist@mac.com

From Bert-Ola
mihkel

Re: investigating the life of an Estonian refugee

Postitus Postitas mihkel »

Hello there Bert-Ola

First of all, I am quite sure the name is actually "Pärtelpoeg" not Pärtelpoug. "Poeg" means "son" in Estonian.

The friend of yours seems to have already determined, that there was no family tie between Mr Pärtelpoeg and Mrs Kask. This fact and all the other questions listed here leave us nothing to investigate within publicly accessible data.

It seems that your friend needs to hire a detective or perhaps two (one for each side of the Baltic Sea). If that friend has evidence of illegal transactions, relevant authorities should be informed.

One possible course of action would be to check the civil registry. Perhaps she was a sister-in-law, half-sister or a cousin to him and maybe something got lost in translation. However, such information from civil registry can be obtained only by investigators or relatives.

Other possibility would be tracking down that P. Küttis, if still live and living. That goes back to the beginning about the detectives and all that.

Good luck
Bert-Ola
Kontakt:

Re: investigating the life of an Estonian refugee

Postitus Postitas Bert-Ola »

Aitäh Mihkel
Yes, we have investigated family relationships in the archives ra, ee and talked to Leonid's relative in Estonia but did not find any relationship with Leonid
But then, it is the Soviet Agency that existed to guard Russian interests abroad, often there was the legacy of the deceased in Sweden, as we are interested in if there is any information somewhere.

But how was the Soviet era of money coming from abroad?
Then by inheritance after deceased
Got them the money or the Soviet state took them.
Can you find any answer about it?

study to on deceased to see if there are similar cases.
Bert-Ola
Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”