Andr Magnison Lindros

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
Sibbo

Andr Magnison Lindros

Postitus Postitas Sibbo »

Iam looking for Ander Magnison Lindros names people. He was born in 1792 in Livonia and moved to Finland 1813.He went whit Sipoo a girl to marry and the family is going on here..So I am looking for relatives in Livonia and beyond. Thaks very match!

andres73

Re: Andr Magnison Lindros

Postitus Postitas andres73 »

Apparently such a family name (Lindros, Lindrus) has existed in Estonia, although to a small extent:

http://www.ra.ee/dgs/addon/nimreg/resul ... _fr=&e_to=

but the indexed part of the personal books (family records) does not contain the person that you are looking for. That is probably because the earliest church records are not indexed. If the person in question was born in the ethnic Estonian part of Livonia, then, probably, any records about him in the personal books are still unindexed. But they may exist. It will not be a very easy task to find them though.

It you know the ethnicity of the person (e.g. Swedish?), that could narrow down the search a bit. As regards Swedish communities in Estonia: they existed mainly on the islands of Hiiumaa and Vormsi and in the coastal areas of mainland (especially in Western Estonia). The search above showed that about a century or more later, the family name Lindros/Lindrus appeared in the cities of Tartu and Tallinn and on the island of Vormsi. The onomastics database shows that the family name "Lindros" was given (probably in the first half of the 19th century) in only one place in Estonia, i.e. the island of Vormsi (Suuremõisa estate):

http://www.ra.ee/apps/onomastika/index. ... indros&q=1

Then again, you seem to be just looking for relatives, not the roots. Cannot help you much with that but apparently there are people with the family name "Lindroos" and "Lindros" living now in Estonia. Perhaps there is some relation.

Sibbo

Re: Andr Magnison Lindros

Postitus Postitas Sibbo »

Thanks for your answer!
I have gone through, but this information is still lacking, it s ancestor! I need i search for "roots" for Estonia is "Lindros " the name of loyalty fathers. Finland is now the 5th generation going! Ander (Anders) Lindros it is loyalty fathers!

Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”