Tallinn born, looking to immigrate back to Estonia

Arhiivimaterjalidest (sh Saagas olevatest) raskesti aru saadavate sõnade jm välja lugemine
Vasta
SouthAfricanCT

Tallinn born, looking to immigrate back to Estonia

Postitus Postitas SouthAfricanCT » Pühapäev 29. September 2019, 11:41:09

Good Day

My name is Phillipp, I was born in Tallinn Estonia on 23/01/1989. Soon after my mother divorced and moved to South Africa with me when I was very young. I had a Soviet Passport at the time and took on South African Citizenship when I was 16 years old. My mother passed away and I was put in Foster care. Although we spoke Russian in the household I do not know what her nationality was and have no documents on her.

I do have family in Tallinn - niece and aunt, and my father with whom I do not have contact.

The only document on me that I have is a invitation from the red cross to visit my mother grave in Estonia on my old Soviet Passport (badly damaged)

Unfortunately due to the political and economic climate in South Africa, I am eagerly looking to immigrate back to Estonia.
Please would someone assist me/point me in the right direction as to which archives to look through for proof of my own birth?
Would this information be sufficient to successfully apply for Estonian Citizenship?

Thank you
Regards

arkin

Re: Tallinn born, looking to immigrate back to Estonia

Postitus Postitas arkin » Esmaspäev 30. September 2019, 11:35:09

I would suggest you to start from this site: https://www.tallinn.ee/Teenus-Issuing-v ... al-records

SouthAfricanCT

Re: Tallinn born, looking to immigrate back to Estonia

Postitus Postitas SouthAfricanCT » Esmaspäev 30. September 2019, 20:31:09

Thank you, I will check it out

Vasta

Mine “Arhiivimaterjalidest välja lugemine”